for the Salem-Keizer School District Security Contract
Job Posted: September 2020
Wright Security Enterprises, LLC (WSE) supports the Salem-Keizer School District (SKSD) at over 90 locations, throughout Marion and Polk counties. Security staff is responsible for ensuring the safety of students, staff, visitors, and guests daily.
As the Contract Manager, you will be the primary point of contact for WSE and will work onsite at the SKSD Risk Management office with the Risk Management team, to facilitate an efficient flow of information between SKSD, WSE administration, and field security personnel. You will also be responsible for maintaining a detailed understanding of the security contract, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and ensuring their fulfillment. The Contract Manager will report directly to WSE’s President and Vice Presidents.
- Proactively manage communications between SKSD Risk Management and WSE
- Coordinate daily security specialists
- Communicate daily with district security coordinators regarding the status of staffing substitutes, posts and patrol
- Review, curate, and submit daily incident reports and security logs to SKSD Risk Management
- Interface with law enforcement and first responders as needed
- Coordinate with the WSE administrative office to manage staffing needs and sick calls
- Verify and curate timecards for SKSD assigned employees
- Invoice drafting, including supporting documentation for WSE finance department
- Attend/contribute to weekly security meetings between SKSD Risk Management and WSE
- Coordinate training and onboarding for subject employees
- Make operational and staffing recommendations to WSE administration as needed
- Ensure contract and SOP requirements are being met, proactively correct deficiencies
- High school diploma or GED
- Have or be able to obtain a DPSST Supervisor license (includes Oregon State Police background check)
- Be punctual and reliable
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage high-tension situations
- Prior management experience of at least two years in any of the following roles:
- Law enforcement, school district administration, state or local government administration, military, or private security*.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field (administration, criminal justice, etc.) may be considered as substitute for some criteria
- Bachelor’s or graduate degree
- Fluency in Spanish
Hours & Compensation:
- This position is part time, approximately 25-28 hours per week.
- The shifts will be approximately 5:30am to 10:30am, Monday through Friday. Some flexibility is required, but this is an early morning shift.
- Salaried, commensurate on experience.
Please contact Winston Wright directly at: (503)-428-6323
Wright Security is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.
*If private security, you must have prior experience servicing a state, federal, or school district contract, as a Supervisor or Executive Manager.